Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Add a little "Magic" to your Day

I saw these recently on Lick The Bowl Good. They were called "Magic Cookie Bars", and I was craving something sweet. I had everything in my pantry, which is just about the craziest thing ever and thought I would whip some up. Ryan just about passed out from shock from me making dinner and a dessert on a Tuesday night! Really, making dinner is about enough of an oddity! But these were really good and really easy. I called them endless possibility bars because with using the first layers, you could use so many different ingredients. On Lick the Bowl Good, she talked about omitting the nuts and adding dried fruit which I thought sounded good. I think next time I will try white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts only.

Magic Cookie Bars
found on Lick The Bowl Good

1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c butter, melted (one stick)
1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 c coconut flakes
1 c chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick spray.

Combine butter and graham cracker in bowl and mix together. Press into bottom of baking pan. Pour condensed milk evenly over crust. Layer with chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. I just cooled them in the pan, although you are supposed to remove them to a wire rack to cool. Just cut and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite. I usually sub one cub of the chocolate chips with butterscotch. These are what I made on News Year Eve and no one helped me eat them. I ate the whole pan!!

    ReplyDelete