Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yummy Caramel Popcorn


One of the most dangerous things that my mom makes is caramel popcorn. It seriously is very highly addictive. My girls absolutely love it. And whenever my kids are around her, they always talk her into cooking with them. They recently made a batch together which we promptly used for one of our family movie nights. We totally went old school with the Crush!

Caramel Popcorn

2 sticks butter or margarine
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (My daughter has actually requested to eat a whole bag of brown sugar for her birthday. Wow is all I can say.)
1/2 C corn syrup
1 tsp salt (My mom uses salted butter and then skips adding this but it is up to you)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
24 cups popped corn (about 2-3 bags microwave popped)

Boil butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and vanilla. Gradually pour mixture over popped corn and mix well.
Pour into shallow pans (my mom uses 2 9x13 pans)

Bake at 250 degrees for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Cool completely, and break apart. You can store in tight containers if you have any leftovers (highly doubtful).

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I love caramel popcorn. Keep up the recipes. I'm loving them. This looks kind of like my sister-in-law Kims recipe.

    ReplyDelete