Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie






My dad LOVES custard pie. He also loves coconut anything. And although it doesn't say it, this really is basically a custard pie. When I came across it, it was appealing to me for two reasons: we were currently staying with my parents and I thought my dad might like it and it had the words impossibly easy in the title. I was pretty much sold.

Impossible Easy Coconut Pie
adapted from Bisquick

1cup flaked or shredded coconut
3/4cup sugar
1/2cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/4cup butter or margarine, softened
2cups milk
1 1/2teaspoons vanilla
4eggs
1.Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate with shortening or cooking spray.
2.Place all ingredients except the coconut in a blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour into pan and then sprinkle coconut on top. (I probably used more coconut)
3.Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown (mine didn't take nearly as long, and I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on it, hence, the slightly darker golden brown) and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
I got this adaptation of the Bisquick recipe from a reviewer online. The actual recipe calls for adding all the ingredients today in a bowl, stirring, and then pouring into the pan. Several other reviewers talked about how eggy it was and the blender really helped you not to feel like you were in a Stallone movie! (you know, cause he drinks raw eggs!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment