Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baked Beans


Okay, I have had several different types of baked beans over the years but my mom's recipe is still the best I have ever had. Whenever I bring them to any event, I am always asked for the recipe. They are really versatile as they make a great side dish to an Easter meal as well as at a bbq!






Baked Beans
By Terri Schaeffer

Can of Campbells Pork and Beans (It needs to be Campbells, it is not as good with other brands)
4-6 pieces of bacon
1/2 c white onion
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp chilli powder (add to taste)
1 tsp ground mustard

Fry bacon in skillet-remove bacon but leave drippings in pan. Saute onion on low until clear. Crumble bacon back in skillet, add beans. Add ketchup, brown sugar, and chilli powder. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
I then usually place in crockpot to warm until bbq or meal. They are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment