Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies



I love sugar cookies. I love anything pumpkin. So when I saw these, it was a no brainer. They actually look really dense when you make them but are pretty light. The perfect treat for fall.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
from Betty Crocker

Cookies:

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz.) sugar cookie mix
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 c butter or margarine, softened
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg

Filling:

2/3 cup marshmallow creme
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375.

In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and flour. Add remaining cookie ingredients; stir until stiff dough forms.

Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough about 2 inches apart. I use a ice cream scoop like the rest of the world to try and get uniform size cookies. Lightly press tops with fingers to flatten slightly. You can dip your fingers in flour before flattening to cut down on the mess.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes and then move the cookies to wire rack to cool. Cool them completely, about 15 minutes.

In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer until light and fluffy. For each whoopie pie, spread about 2 tsps of the filling on bottom of one cookie. Top with second cookie, gently press together. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.


1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are great! I think I have all the ingredients to make these. We are in a tropical storm warning right now so I am not leaving the house unless I have to. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete