Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Pineapple and Watermelon Salad


I am not very creative when it comes to sides when cooking dinner. I like to go easy, I usually just chop up some fruit or open a can of veggies and nuke them. Horrible I know. I just have a hard enough time putting a main dish on the table. Well, I used to. But with my new found like of cooking, I am trying to explore new ideas and add flavor to my meals. Don't get me wrong, I still want to go easy most nights. That's why when I saw this on Christy's blog I was excited. I mean, it was a super easy fruit salad, but it wasn't just chopping up fruit and putting them on people's plates. Just by adding lime juice and some basil made it special. And it really had a great flavor. My kids and my husband and I all loved this salad. We will definitely be making this often.

Pineapple and Watermelon Salad

1 pineapple, chopped up into bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced (I kind of just chopped it up)
1 lime juiced
1/2 watermelon, cut into bite-sized pieces

In large bowl, add pineapple with basil and lime juice. Place watermelon in serving dish and pour pineapple over top. Do not stir together.

No comments:

Post a Comment