Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie


I know Thanksgiving is totally over but I wanted to post this recipe anyway. I mean, I am always running on my own time frame and I really don't think the 3 people reading this blog care.
This was a really nice twist on the traditional pumpkin pie. I really love pumpkin pie so I wanted to try this. It had the nice pumpkin flavor along with the crunch of the streusel topping. Perfect for the pie party that I made this for!

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

Crust:
1 pie crust (as always, I used store bought!)

Filling:
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 cup apple butter
1/4 c packed dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup evaporated milk

Streusel Topping:
3 tbsp butter
1/2 c flour
1/2 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375.

Put crust in 9 inch pie plate.
In a large bowl, mix ingredients for filling in the order given.
For the streusel topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans and set aside.
Pour filling into crust lined pie pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Remove pie from oven and sprinkle streusel topping over pie.
Return pie to oven and bake for additional 15 minutes. She does say to cover crust with foil before returning the pie but I always cover the crust with foil after like 15 to 20 minutes of baking. So I did that step while the filling was baking. Whenever you want.
Cool completely, about one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment