Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Banana Smoothie



Happy New Year!
 I really like having a place where I can quickly lay my hands on all of my favorite recipes.  So, as part of my New Years Goals, I want to blog more of my favorite food things.  Since eating healthy is always on the top of everyone's Resolutions as well at the New Year, I knew this would be my first post of the year.
I found this smoothie by doing a google search for banana milkshakes.  I was looking for a decadent, fattening, and totally satisfying milkshake.  However, I actually was having trouble finding anything.  I randomly checked a site called Pinch My Salt because seriously, how cute is that name for a food blog?

I was a little skeptical because hello, where was the ice cream?  I decided to try it anyway.  I didn't have any frozen bananas so I just used a regular banana.  And I got banana milk which actually  tasted pretty good.  So I froze some bananas right away so I could try the actual frozen treat.  Total side note, the first time freezing bananas, did anyone else leave the peel on?  Oops.  

Anyway, I LOVE this smoothie.  It tastes seriously good and is so much healthier than the original banana milkshake I was looking for.  You can make it as healthy as you want it, substituting truvia for the sugar and uisng fat free milk.  You can even add protein to it.  But any way, it is delicious!!


Banana Smoothie
from:   Pinch My Salt


One frozen banana, cut into chunks(i just break it into pieces with my hands, I am just that strong)
One cup milk 
1-2 tbsp sugar (I always use just one and it is plenty sweet)
1/8 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth, usually about 15-20 seconds.  Pour into glass and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment