Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

BBQ Ranch Chicken & Cheddar Pizza Roll 'Em Ups


Can I tell you a secret? I have never been on pinterest. Isn't that crazy? I know people like live on that site but I haven't gotten into it yet. Maybe I will someday, but for now, I am a total deviant in the realm of moms and really just anyone. I have to admit that when someone I am friends with on facebook pinned "how to clean a bathroom" I did go from facebook to that article. So I guess I really have been on it. Oops. Anyway, it was some great tips by a woman who had cleaned houses for like 30 years. Not that I have put any into practice or anything, don't go crazy, but it was fun to know that if I ever do decide to really get into cleaning, I will know how. Probably not, but it is always best to be prepared.

Anyway, that kind of a site (or even bookmarking things)would have come in handy for me when I first started perusing food sites. I found this recipe and you know what I did? I just took out a pen and paper and wrote it down. Unfathomable, I know!
But this method prevented me from knowing where I got it from. But this really puts together some of my favorite things. And I do tend to get very lazy in the kitchen, so for the chicken, I just threw some breasts in the crockpot, added a little water and my all time favorite bbq sauce, Montgomery Inn, and let it cook. But you can use any bbq chicken prepared any way that you would like, grilled, baked, or just picked up at the grocery store.


BBQ Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Pizza Roll 'Em ups.

1 Roll Pillsbury Pizza Dough in a can
1/4 c prepared Ranch Dressing
2 cups prepared shredded BBQ chicken
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1 1/2 c shredded smoked cheddar cheese (My grocery store has a specialty cheese section where I found some great smoked cheddar)
Extra Ranch for dipping

Preheat oven to 350. Open dough and press into a rectangle. Spread or drizzle ranch dressing evenly over dough, then top with chicken, cilantro, and cheddar cheese.
Starting at the long end, roll dough into a log shape.
Using a sharp knife (ok, I really don't have a sharp knife so mine turned out a little "rustic" but it tasted the same), cut 1 inch pieces and place onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment