Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lasagna

Just call me Garfield - I love lasagna! The prospect of making lasagna, however, has always seemed a little daunting. My good friend Lenae makes the most delicious lasagna and when she assured me that it was easy to make I decided to give it a try. Now I can have yummy lasagna whenever I want!
The recipe below includes hamburger meat but if you like your lasagna meatless, like I do, just leave it out.

Lasagna Recipe by Lenae Crowe

Ingredients:


  • 1 lb lasagna noodles

  • 1 lb hamburger meat

  • 4 8oz cans of tomato sauce

  • 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes

  • 1 packet McCormick spagetti sauce seasoning (Thick and Zesty)

  • 3 cups cottage cheese

  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • 1 beaten egg

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • dash of pepper

  • 4 cups Mozarella cheese


To make:


Cook 1 lb lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and spread onto foil so they don't stick together. Meanwhile, for the sauce, brown 1 lb of hamburger and drain fat. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and packet of spagetti seasoning. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. In separate bowl mix the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper. Shred the mozarella cheese.


To layer:


Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Spoon enough sauce to cover bottom into pan, then top with three cooked and drained noodles. Cover with 1/3 of cheese mixture. Top with 1/4 sauce and sprinkle with approx 1 cup cheese. Repeat twice (three layers), then top with noodles, remaining sauce, and cheese. Cover pan with foil (from noodles) and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 more mins or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 mins before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I can't wait to try this...I know I love it, of course, cause you made it for me. I am sure that I won't make it as well as you but I am excited to try this! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete