Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Broccoli Salad

Okay, so another recipe with no picture but I'm not sure I would want to include a picture of this salad because the first time I saw it it didn't look all that appetizing to me. My friend who made it promised me that I would love it so I took a small portion just to make her happy. Boy, was she right! I really, really liked it. I have made it as a side dish or as the main meal.

Salad Ingredients:
  • 4-5 cups of chopped broccoli (I just buy a bag of fresh broccoli florets)
  • 1/2 LB bacon (crumbles)
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

Dressing for Broccoli Salad:

  • 1 cup mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 T vinegar (white wine or apple cider)

Mix sauce and let stand for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment