Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Strawberry Spinach Salad



The first time I had this salad was at my wedding shower. I prefer not to dwell on how long ago that was! I am not sure who created it, it probably is one of those recipes that circulate through everyone. But it is delicious and tangy. I have never been a huge spinach fan but it is just really good in this salad. The sweetness of the strawberries, the crunch from the almonds, and the tang of the dressing really make this one of my favorites. And it is so easy, which makes it a winner for me!


Strawberry Spinach Salad

9 C torn fresh spinach
1 pt. fresh strawberries, halved
1/2 C slivered almonds, toasted

Dressing:
2 T sugar
1 T chopped onion (red or white, I used white)
1 t sesame seeds
1 t poppy seeds
1/4 t paprika
1/8 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 C vegetable oil
2 T cider vinegar

In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, and almonds. Place dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment