Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes-Nobody Doesn't Like Them




You know those die hard chocolate lovers out there? Well, in case you haven't noticed, this will actually be my first purely chocolate post ever. I think.

Anyway, it is not that I hate chocolate or anything, it is just that I don't have to have it, I don't crave it. When picking between vanilla cake or chocolate, I will choose vanilla every single time. So although I have had this recipe for a very long time, it wasn't until last year that I finally got around to making them. And that is just because my kids love chocolate and I thought I would be a great mom and finally make them chocolate cupcakes instead of vanilla. I know, I am totally amazing, right?

This recipe is from my mother-in-law and that is actually what they are named in the recipe-nobody doesn't like them. And I have to admit that I really, really like them. I would even choose to make them over vanilla cupcakes sometimes. They have a really weird ingredient and if it hits your baking soda just right when adding the ingredients together, it makes for a fun twist if making these with your kids!
Also, for me, these cupcakes are even more amazing the next day! In fact, I just ate one and am seriously contemplating going and eating another one. I have self control, I have self control....

Chocolate Cupcakes-Nobody Doesn't Like Them
from Robbie Clark


Cupcakes:
3 c flour
2 c sugar
4 Tbsp Baking Cocoa
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 c vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 c cold water

Chocolate Frosting:
1 1b. powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. Baking Cocoa
1 stick butter, melted (I tried extremely softened but still had trouble breaking it down when mixing so I would melt it)
milk

For the cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together all ingredients for cupcakes with electric mixer until batter is smooth(It is very thin batter).

Fill the paper liners in a muffin tin 2/3rds full. You can ladle it or just pour batter into a pitcher and then pour from pitcher to muffin pan.

Bake for 15-20 minutes(or until toothpick inserted comes out clean).
Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before frosting.

Well, I just lost my battle with self control...

For the frosting:

Mix together butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until frosting is of desired consistency(I used 4 tbsp). Frost away and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment