Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ranch Dressing



It has been amazing weather here lately. High 70s, even into the 80s. I am totally loving this March weather. The only downside is that for some reason, my family all switched to summer mode. My kids are going to bed late, playing outside for hours when I suddenly realize that homework is unfinished, showers need to be taken. Well, March Madness also might have a little to do with that as well.

Summer brings thoughts of fresh fruit, grilling, dinners eaten outdoors, yummy fresh salads. And when I think of salads, I think of Ranch dressing. Now I love Ranch and will eat the bottled stuff but I always find it lacking somewhat. I finally searched online and found an Outback copycat recipe. I was so not disappointed. It is my new official Ranch I will use, I am never buying the bottled stuff again. And with just a few ingredients, this comes together in a snap!


Ranch Dressing
Outback copycat recipe found on Food.com

Ingredients:
1 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 c mayo
1/2 c buttermilk(is it bad I had to do a search to see how long past the expiration date I could use buttermilk?)
1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Instructions: (See if you can follow these)
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together. Chill at least 1/2 hour to allow flavors to meld. Sometimes I can do this, sometimes not. It tastes pretty good right away if you ask me.

*Can substitute cayenne pepper for paprika for a little extra kick

No comments:

Post a Comment