Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken


My food budget is pretty small. And with food prices soaring I find it difficult to feed my family healthy and filling meals while also keeping it fresh and new. Because meat is kind of expensive, we don't have it every night. And when we do, I can't get crazy and try recipes that call for a lot of ingredients. There are so many recipes out there that look amazing but after seeing what I would have to buy, I just have to say to myself that maybe eventually I can try it but not right now. It is a good lesson in discipline, but not always an easy one because sometimes I just want to make something yummy, no matter the cost!

When I ran across this recipe, I was totally willing to try it because it was ingredients I would mostly already have in my pantry and it was, of course, EASY! I was so happy I did try it because it was really good and most importantly, my kids love it!


Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
by Kraft Foods

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast(just depending on how much you want to make and how big the chicken breasts are)
1/2 c grated Parmesan Cheese
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400.

In a medium bowl, mix together cheese, dressing mix, and garlic powder. Wet the chicken breasts with water and coat with cheese mixture. Place in shallow 9X13 baking pan.

Cook for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. For a nice golden brown, place under broiler for 2-4 minutes. Add some asparagus or other vegetable and some bread and you have a pretty cheap, easy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment