Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet Raspberry Biscuits







Growing up, there was one item that always had me running to the dinner table. It didn't matter what else we were having. Its presence was enough. Its presence made me happy. Its presence made me tell my mom she was the best mom ever. And that was her sweet raspberry biscuits.

This tastes like you are being naughty and having dessert with dinner. And really, who doesn't want dessert with dinner? And to totally get away with it, to have my parents smiling, telling me what a great dinner I was eating as I stuffed my face with a fourth biscuit made my heart happy.

I have always had a soft spot for red raspberry preserves. And that is just the store bought stuff. I am sure I would actually begin to pass out if eating homemade stuff. But for me, putting it on anything makes it feel like I am eating dessert. So the combination of the biscuit, red raspberry preserves, and vanilla glaze make myItalic eyes glaze. I could have these with every meal.

Sweet Raspberry Biscuits
by Terri Schaeffer

Ingredients:
for biscuits
2 c Bisquick Baking Mix
1/4 c butter, softened
2 tbsp sugar
2/3 c milk
1/4 c red raspberry preserves

for glaze
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 tbsp warm water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450.

Line muffin pan with liners (recipe will make 12 biscuits, you can always double for 24).

In a medium bowl, mix baking mix, sugar, and butter until crumbly. You can do this by hand or with an electric mixer. Add milk and mix until dough forms. Once dough forms, mix 15 times(I accidentally wrote 15 years first! that would have been interesting).

Place 1 tbsp dough in each muffin cup. Top with 1 tbsp preserves. Drop remaining dough on top of preserves, again about 1 tbsp per muffin cup(Is it muffin cup? Just wondering...).

Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes.

Remove immediately to cooling rack.

While biscuits are baking, in a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, water, and vanilla together and stir until smooth. This can be done by hand.

While the biscuits are still warm, drizzle glaze on each one.


No comments:

Post a Comment