Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2009

Parmesan Chicken


This is a fabulous dish! Ryan and I have had another recipe that we have been using, but decided to try one that was on my friend Christy's blog and it was so much better and easier! I was going to take a picture of ours from last night but I could not find my camera. I actually started freaking out a little thinking that I must have left it somewhere because I had torn the house apart and it hadn't turned up. Luckily, Ryan finally remembered that when we had gone to Cirque de Soleil on Friday they hadn't allowed cameras and he had put it in the Stow N Go of our car. If he had not remembered, I doubt we would have found it for a month. But by the time he remembered, the chicken was digesting in our bellies. So I stole this one off of Christy's blog again.

4 chicken breasts (We just used three, just depending on how many you are cooking for)
1/2 stick butter (melted)
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 t. garlic powder
Jar of Spaghetti sauce
mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Mix the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. *It really doesn't matter how much Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs you have. Just make sure it's equal parts. Melt butter in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the melted butter, then the bread crumb mixture then place on the baking sheet. Cover the middle of the chicken with spaghetti sauce. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve over spaghetti with extra spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment