Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Tuna Casserole


Growing up, this was definitely one of the staples in my house. My mom would actually add peas to this which I lovingly leave out when I make it. I mean really, peas? I would rather eat cardboard.
And the great thing about this is that my kids love it and it gives them some good protein with the tuna. We of course have to add fried onions to it, it adds a nice contrasting flavor and some crunch. It does get cold really fast so I would definitely serve it right away. We always serve it with blueberry muffins and fruit. Again, that is always what my mom would serve with it so I just carry on the tradition.

Tuna Casserole
by Terri Schaeffer

1 bag of egg noodles (I use half a bag for my family of 5)
1 can or packet of tuna
1 can cream of chicken
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sour cream
fried onions

Make noodles according to package directions. Drain. Add butter to allow hot noodles to melt. Mix in sour cream, cream of chicken, and tuna(and if you really want, the dreaded peas). Add fried onions on top and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment